Groups at ARGOS
Argos is now hosting small, multi-session groups for
drawing and painting
from the model. The groups form for a limited number of
sessions, on the
initiative of one or more artists.
These groups differ from our walk-in figure-drawing
—The groups are limited in size.
—Choose and reserve your easel position
for group's duration.
—Model’s pose will be held and repeated
across all sessions.
—Artists commit by pre-paying the
These groups have some advantages over walk-in groups:
—Artists can work for multiple sessions
on one artwork.
—The working atmosphere may be more
—Seating position can be guaranteed.
How it works:
• An artist or several artists will
initiate a group of a certain duration.
• A modeling routine will be defined,
e.g. figure vs. portrait.
• A group size will be agreed, which
determines the cost per artist.
A decision will be made on drop-ins – if drop-ins
are invited, they will
easel-locations that are not already claimed, on a
session basis; their fees will
be discounted, and distributed as refunds
to the core group at the
last session. Group size not to exceed nine.
• Argos will send a notice by email to
an opt-in list of artists.
• Argos will manage a sign-up system
and field any inquiries.
• Argos will confirm when the group is
filled, and book the model.
• The initiating artists will manage
What to bring:
• Bring your art supplies.
• Bring a portable easel or
donkey-bench if you use one.
• Bring pre-payment in cash (model is
paid in cash).
• Argos supplies chairs, folding tray
tables, and a limited
number of portable easels
• A work-friendly environment is
foremost. Music and socializing
during the pose are
secondary. Any participants’ preferences on
work-distractions will be
• Leave the studio just the way you
found it. There is no janitor.
• Solvent use is restricted to Gam-Sol
or straight oils.
• Drop cloths available; use them for
anything that can’t be vacuumed.
• Use of acrylics or inks must be
approved in advance by Argos.
| HOME || CONTACT||